1. Home
  2. Docs
  3. DMV
  4. Vehicles
  5. Parked/Unused Vehicle

Parked/Unused Vehicle

What can I do if I want to park my car for 6 months and take the insurance off? Do I have to turn in a plate?

An Affidavit of Non-Use may be filed with OMV before your insurance lapses or is canceled if you are planning not to use your vehicle for a specific time period, the maximum time being one year. The Affidavit requires a full description of the vehicle (Year, Make & VIN) and the beginning and ending dates for the time period the vehicle is parked. You may retain the plate by filing the Affidavit.

Tags , , , , ,
Was this article helpful to you? Yes 1 No

How can we help?


No comments yet. Why don’t you start the discussion?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *