1. Home
  2. Docs
  3. DMV
  4. Vehicles
  5. Specialty Plate Transfer

Specialty Plate Transfer

Since I already have a specialty license plate from the car I just sold, what do I have to do to transfer it to the car I have just purchased?

When you are ready to pay your sales tax, inform the person handling the transaction that you have the vanity plate and that you want it to be transferred to the vehicle you just purchased. Provide them with a copy of the registration that shows you own the plate, if possible.

Occasionally, a dealership or Notary office will not be able to handle this type of transfer. They may charge you for a regular plate and after you have received it, you can request the transfer of your vanity plate at any of our offices or the Office of Motor Vehicles.

Tags , , , , ,
Was this article helpful to you? No Yes 2

How can we help?


No comments yet. Why don’t you start the discussion?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *